If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you’ll know that I’m on a mission to find my favourite beauty box. Being largely housebound & stuck in bed much of the time, it’s a lovely treat to have makeup & skincare goodies delivered to my door. When I’m getting giddy & excited over what’s in my box this month, for that window of time I’m just like all the other ladies out there; I forget for a little while I’m pretty isolated from the rest of the world.
Glossybox was actually the first subscription service I tried; I’ve been getting a box each month for about 6 months now. Let’s jump right in to my first impressions of my October Glossybox…
All 5 products this month are full size and this collection of items is worth an impressive £62. I’ve found Glossybox to be great value for money even when it’s not a ‘everything full size’ month; you always end up with products that are worth far more than the £10 + £3.25 p&p you pay for the box.
October’s products are:
- Lanolips Golden Ointment Dry Skin Salve – This is a really useful kind of product to have all year around but especially handy (IMO) for massaging into dry heels before putting snuggly socks on during cosy Autumn nights in.
- Talika Photo-Hydra Day – I usually use gel type moisturisers for my comb/oily skin but my skin can need a little extra input when the central heating time of year rolls around or when I’ve been too ill to pay my skin much attention for days. So this product is most welcome 😊.
- Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara – I love trying out new mascaras! I love Younique Moodstruck 3D lashes but am always on the look out for a traditional mascara to use when I haven’t got the energy to apply 3+ coats of product.
- So Susan Haute Light Highlighting Pencil – I don’t often use this type of highlighter but I think it’s going to be ideal for highlighting just under filled eyebrows 👍🏼.
- Nicka K Airbrush Blending Sponge – believe it or not, I’ve never used a blending sponge. Looking forward to taking this one out for a spin!
Overall I’m really pleased with my Glossybox this month. These are all products I’m looking forward to trying. I almost bought the blending sponge myself recently; I’m glad I didn’t now! What I particularly like is the balance of skincare & makeup in this box – there’s something for everyone here. I’m especially excited to test drive the Jelly Pong Pong mascara and the So Susan Highlighting Pencil.
If you’re thinking about signing up for a subscription box but aren’t sure which one to go for, I’d definitely recommend Glossybox. You can sign up for a rolling monthly plan if you’d like the option to cancel at anytime or treat yourself to a 3/6/12 month plan in advance (see website for details). Also the boxes are gorgeous & make excellent homes for hair accessories, lipsticks or whatever you fancy!
Do you have a favourite subscription box?
Wishing you good luck & happy days,
‘Chronic Pain Cockney – The Little Things’ is also on Bloglovin 😊
Follow/Tweet me here.
Check out my YouTube channel here.
Box Trials: Blogger Beauty Box.
Box Trials: Lip Monthly.
This post is not sponsored. Products reviewed in this post were purchased with my own money.